GVM Suspension Upgrades & Lift Kits (Legal Improvements)
Garry’s Mechanical Repairs offers service to your suspension and steering systems with particular attention from our well-trained, qualified technicians. For reassurance that you’ll be driving away with top of the range products, we use well-known brands that are some of the largest auto parts manufacturers in the world, such as Monroe and KYB.
It is crucially important to pay attention to your vehicle’s suspension and steering systems. A vast majority of possible accidents can be avoided significantly if your braking time and control on the road are powered by correct and well-maintained suspension and braking systems. Without paying attention to these important tips, you could place yourself, as well as others, at risk.
Suspension Tips – Stop and notice:
- Sagging Springs
- Uneven Tyre Wear
- Leaking Shocks
- Worn Mounts and Rubbers
New Shocks can provide:
- Shorter Stopping Distance – this difference between being safe and disaster
- Better Ride for comfort and like new feel
- Less Vibration for steering comfort
- Less Body Roll for greater confidence and control
- Improved Steering Response for better handling and safety
- Prolonged tyre life that saves you money
- Better support for safety under load
Garry’s Mechanical Repairs can diagnose and service or replace your shocks, steering and suspension components. From ball joints to tie rod ends and strut mountings, we can have your car back on the road and feeling like new.
Imagine having the confidence to drive without that worrying, bothering feeling that in the event of rain or an emergency stop, you may not be able to fully control your car effectively and safely. But with the confidence that the professionals at Garry’s Mechanical Repairs provide you with, after a thorough check of every component of your vehicle, you can now be perfectly sure that the car you drive is as safe as possible.
Garry’s Mechanical Repairs work shop & technicians are Approved & Accredited Pedders GVM+ Upgrade Specialist. So if you carry loads for a living or are serious about what you take with you on your next journey then look no further. Pedders GVM Upgrade Solutions offer one of the best suspension upgrades for your vehicle proudly backed by it’s nationwide network of certified installers and service centres.
When your vehicle is fully loaded for the journey ahead or if you are carrying the tools of your work trade, chances are that your vehicle may be overloaded beyond its GVM and Payload capacity and you may not even know it. Common items such as tools, tool boxes, cargo, bull bars, winches, towbars, fuel, accessories, passengers, recovery gear all combine to add weight to your vehicle and decrease the available payload. It is also important to note that if you have purchased a cab/chassis, the weight of any tray or service body is considered to be part of the “kerb weight” – therefore further reducing the available payload.
Every vehicle on our roads today has an official legally allocated Gross Vehicle Mass rating (GVM) and Payload Capacity (how much weight a vehicle can carry in both passengers and cargo in the cab and tray bed). The GVM rating is the maximum allowable weight figure (in kg’s) as specified by the manufacturer when fully loaded. It’s essentially the maximum legal weight, that you can safely drive at for that particular vehicle.
Pedders now offer a GVM+ upgrade solution for selected models to assist in compliance for GVM ratings. Through exhaustive and detailed testing, the Pedders GVM+ Upgrade Kits have been approved by the (Commonwealth) Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development.
Now’s the time to take control of the small niggling issues that may have been worrying you. Take full advantage of our qualified technicians, who will ascertain precisely what the problem is and then provide you with a perfect solution, giving you the peace of mind you need.
Pedders GVM+ Upgrade Solutions:
- We offer Australian Government certified suspension upgrade kits that comprise heavy duty Pedders Suspension components.
- All components installed as part of a Pedders GVM upgrade package are backed by a Pedders 2 Year/40,000kms Nationwide Warranty.
- Kits can be installed at any of our approved installers throughout Australia. With over 50 approved installers nationwide there is sure to be one close to you.
- The GVM+ upgrade kit is an ideal choice for those who carry heavy loads for a living, the serious off-road vehicle fitted with bull bars, winches and those towing caravans and campers, trailers or horse floats. Ideal for fleet vehicles or tradies with tools and service bodies.
- When the GVM+ Upgrade kit has been installed to a new vehicle by the trained technicians at a Pedders GVM+ certified installer, a new compliance plate will be fitted. The new vehicle can now be registered with new increased G.V.M. This procedure will allow the vehicle to be legally registered and driven in all states of Australia.
- For vehicles that have already been road registered, the process varies from State to State. The vehicle may be required to be inspected by an authorised Automotive Engineer in that State and be issued with a compliance certificate. Contact your local Pedders GVM+ approved outlet for further details.
So, if you are planning ahead with an impending new vehicle purchase, or have realised that your current vehicle isn’t quite handling the load we have the solution.
See How Happy Our Customers Are!
Great company, professional and honest. Couldn’t recommend highly enough.
Friendly and happy to help! The issues that required fixing were for a bus heading up to Northern QLD to help those affected by Cyclone Debbie. We needed urgent assistance and the team at Garry’s Mechanical Repairs were not only more than happy to help and do their part for the community but did an…
Russell, Tracey and the whole team at Garry’s provided excellent service during a recent purchase. They did a mechanical check, provided advice then serviced the vehicle after purchase was completed. Their communication was clear and easy to understand. Top rate